Monday, March 10, 2008

UnMasked






This art was my first posting. I added the dreamku below on April 23, 2008, turning it into a Haiga-like image that I put up for viewing once again.

asleep and unmasked
I fly through layers of dreams
shadows of the moon

I may use it in the Haiga form as my front page from time to time, because I like to greet my viewers with an image--not just a lot of text. The image is a composite that started from a photograph that I took of half a mask and the shadow of me holding that mask ... all one image. Then I added an old photo of myself highly morphed. It was fun and is very symbolic for me. It looks rather like a moonlit image and a bit patchy also, so I thought it fit right into this blog theme. It might make a good cover for a dreamku chapbook.

Thanks for taking a look.



No comments: